About the Mathematics and Statistics Unit
The Department, through its members of staff, is actively involved in teaching courses and supervising students’ projects in 3 undergraduate degree programs offered by the Faculty of Natural and Applied Sciences. The programs are Bachelor of Education (BED) majoring in two science subjects, Bachelor of Science (Mathematics and Statistics), and Bachelor of Science in Computer Science. The duration for all degree programs in three years.
To become a center of excellence in the teaching, learning and conducting research in mathematics, statistics, computer science and allied subjects both nationally, regionally and internationally in keeping with the universality of knowledge
The mission of the Department of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science is to promote knowledge and skills in mathematics, statistics, and computer science for the development of science and technology.
Programmes and Services
The Department is charged with implementing the following programmes:
- Besides teaching in the class, our programs involve field training where student engages in teaching in schools as the part of their professional perfection,
- Non-teaching students do practice the career in various organizations or institutions dealing with communication technology,
- Financial services, health research institutes, and government and private industries,
- Though our students are competent and easily employable,
- We are training them entrepreneurial and innovation such a way that they can engage themselves in self-employment,